I am so pleased to announce that I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you so much to Sophie Marshall for nominating me. Sophie is one of my favorite bloggers because she posts seriously cute, seriously simple DIY projects. I’ve been inspired by her a few times since I’ve started reading her blog! I’m honored that she would think of me.
The rules for this award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and include a link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions given by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other blogs and give questions for them to answer.
- Notify your nominees through social media or by commenting on their blog.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
Here are the questions that Sophie asked me, along with my answers:
- What is your favorite topic to blog about?
My favorite thing to blog about is fat fashion. Fat visibility is important. I want to show other fat women that it is possible to be comfortable in your body, and that it’s important to cultivate your own sense of style in order to develop that comfort and confidence.
Second favorite would be crafts, because I love to hot glue shit together.
2. How did you come up with the title of your blog?
My blog title is the same as my Etsy store. When I was just getting ready to open my shop in 2016, I was wracking my brain trying to think of a name for my shop. It had to be short and catchy, but unique. I was listening to a podcast about bees, and I heard the phrase “the odd bee.” It struck me, and that night I opened my new shop.
3. What is the main reason you start blogging?
I started blogging because I realized that I have a story worth sharing to those who cared to hear it. I also like to organize my thoughts, and this is a great place to do that!
4. Is there a destination you’ve dreamt of visiting?
Salem, Massachusetts! I don’t want to go during Halloween because I think it would be too busy for me, but I would love to go to the Salem Witch Museum, the Witch Dungeon Museum, and the Satanic Temple.
5. What is your favorite movie?
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
6. Do you have a favorite book genre?
I’m not a very adamant reader lately, but I like literary nonfiction books. I’m currently reading Hollywood Babylon.
7. What is your favorite color?
For clothing, black; for everything else, green.
8. Do you have a New Year’s resolution?
To post on my blog twice a week and to start doing skincare on my titties. So far, so good.
9. What is your favorite season?
Fall! I love when the weather starts to cool off. My birthday is in early October, so the whole second week is my birthday celebration.
10. Do you have a favorite holiday?
Halloween! I love to get spooky.
11. What is your favorite animal?
Dogs! Also possums, rabbits, and goats. And all other animals.
Here are my nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
And here are my questions for the nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s one thing you wish you knew as a new blogger?
- What’s your favorite blog post that you’ve written?
- Do you keep a blogging schedule?
- Do you have a favorite blogger? If so, who and why?
- What inspires you?
- When do you feel most creative?
- How do you practice self care?
- Do you believe in astrology? If so, what’s your zodiac sign?
- What are you most looking forward to in 2019?
- What is the best thing you’ve purchased so far in 2019?
Now that you’ve read my answers, check out the bloggers I nominated!